The CUFI Action Fund is currently supporting the following pieces of legislation:
Presently our legislative agenda is focused on the following issues:
Requires the Secretary of Defense to:
- Assess the potential for improved integrated air and missile defense cooperation between the United States and Middle Eastern allies and partners to counter threats from Iran and Iranian-linked groups.
- Provide an explanation of how an integrated air and missile defense architecture would improve collective security in the region.
- Provide an assessment of the threat of ballistic and cruise missiles, manned and unmanned aerial systems, and rocket attacks from Iran and groups linked to Iran.
FY 2023 House and Senate State-Foreign Operations Appropriations Bills
- More than 75% of the aid must be spent in the United States.
- The House version includes an array of restrictions on assistance to Palestinian organizations in the West Bank and Gaza as it has in previous years. However, unlike last year, these versions currently include $225M in economic support for programs in the West Bank and Gaza.
- Money is fungible and as such, we oppose the funding to the West Bank and Gaza.
- We urge Congress to advance the State-Foreign Operations Bill with the full $3.3B, with no conditions, as prescribed by the 2016 Memorandum of Understanding signed by then President Barack Obama and then Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Restricts American taxpayer dollars form funding the UNHRC’s anti-Israel Commission.
- The funds would be withheld until the U.S. Secretary of State certifies that the UNHRC has abolished its Commission of Inquiry (COI) into Israel.